Arise and Shine!
Diocese of Bridgeport Choir for Youth Christmas Concert
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2018 | 7:30 P.M.
Doors open at 7:00 p.m.
The Klein Auditorium
910 Fairfield Ave.
Bridgeport, CT 06605
General Admission: $20.00
Join St. John’s Parish in Darien for a pilgrimage to Rome and Assisi in December and January! For more information, contact Caravelle Tours!
A HOLY HOUR FOR THE VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ABUSE will be held on Wed., Nov. 28 from 6-7 pm and on the fourth Thursday of every month afterward at The Church of St. Cecilia in Stamford. The Holy Hour will be to pray for the victims of sexual abuse by members of the Church. In this difficult time, it is important to come together to pray and make reparation as Catholics.
Happy Solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God! Today is a holy day of obligation – we look forward to seeing you at Mass today!
Holy Hour: Catholic Young Adults of Greater Danbury, (18 – 35), will gather on Tuesday, January 8, at 6:45 pm for a Praise and Worship Holy Hour at Sacred Heart Parish, 46 Stone St., Danbury, followed by a social at a local eatery.
January 8, 2019 (6:45 PM – 9:00 PM) Sacred Heart Parish, 46 Stone St., Danbury, & Eatery
Diaconate Discovery Evenings—
Have you ever wondered if you were being called to become a deacon?
Has someone, your pastor, a priest or a deacon ever mentioned to you that they see you as a deacon?
Do you feel that God calling you to live your faith differently, perhaps as a deacon?
What holds you back? Do you think you are not worthy enough? Not ‘holy’ enough? You don’t have the time to make the commitment? Are you concerned what others may say or think? Are you wondering if other men think the way that you do, or have similar questions that you do?
An evening has been created to look at some of these questions and many more that you may have. Diaconate Discovery Evenings will be the space to wonder, explore, share and come to an understanding about these and any other questions that you may have regarding serving the Church as a Permanent Deacon.
The evenings will be held on the second Thursday of each month beginning in October of 2018 and are scheduled through September 2019. The Discovery Evenings will be a time for men to gather and:
- Have a safe place to come together with other men of faith wondering if God is calling them to be a deacon.
- To have an opportunity for prayer and reflection
- To form relationships with other men of faith
- To be affirmed in their current lay vocations—Not all men are called to become a deacon—it’s not a failure.
- To provide consistent gatherings that allow men to come when they’d like to and not feel obligated to attend all gatherings
- To share a part of their journey with other men and to listen to others stories.
- Monthly rotating locations to create more opportunities for participation.
- To answer their questions regarding diaconate and to educate men about Holy Orders
- To meet deacons from around the diocese witness their ministries and journey of faith with men.
- To build community.
- To observe, notice and affirm men who wonder if they are called to serve as deacons and direct them when they are ready to take the next steps.
- To create a consistent evening every month that is easy to plan for.
- Rotate parish locations—chosen because Stephen is patron of deacons and both were among the first deacons of the Church.
Our one-day Marriage Preparation class is a full-day of formation, dialogue among the couple, and reflection. The content presented in the Unveiled program is relevant, aesthetically pleasing and solidly built on the tenets of our faith. The day will also include a bag of supplemental conference materials for the couple, continental breakfast, hot lunch, snacks, and an opportunity for Reconciliation.
The Marriage Preparation class is designed to share in Christ’s vision for married love including the theology of marriage, communication, intimacy, and married spirituality. At the end of the day, couples will understand the fundamental components of the human and spiritual elements of sacramental marriage and be empowered to live out that vision in the world.
Beginning this year, couples will receive videos prior to the day so you know what to expect. Online formation will enhance what you learn during the day.
The price for this preparation class is $220, which can be paid online when you register.
Other dates are available. For more information, or to register, please visit our Marriage Preparation page here.